- All units who wish to take part in any boxing are to ensure that they affiliate to the their sS Boxing Association on a seasonal basis by completing Annex A to Section 7 and sending it to the sS Secretary or Regional Chairman. Each successful application will be awarded a Certificate of Affiliation which will be copied to the Single Service Secretary or Regional Secretary.
- The process for Unit Affiliation is as follows;
- Ensure the boxing gym meets all of the criteria detailed in Annex A to this Section.
- Ensure all Coaches read and understand the Unit Emergency Action plan.
- Ensure all Coaches have a valid First Aid Qualification (see Section 5 Para 4).
- Review the Risk Assessments associated with unit boxing training.
- Supervise the initiation of the registration process of all unit boxing Coaches.
- Formulate a nominal roll of the Boxers that the unit wishes to register assuring each Boxer’s previous contact sport experience.
- Get the Commanding Officer to sign the nominal roll as accurate.
- Task the Unit Head Coach with initiating the Boxers’ registrations online (See Para 4).
- Arrange payment for Coaches and Boxers registrations (Service Only Boxers – Army only by bank transfer to ASCB Acc: 10529980 Sort: 16-19-26 referencing Boxing and your unit or by cheque made payable to CENTRAL BANK ASCB).
- Arrange Annual Medicals for all Boxers on nominal roll.
- Send signed nominal roll and Affiliation Application to sS Boxing Association.
- All regular SP who wish to be involved in boxing MUST register through the UKAFBA as detailed throughout this section. Any Reserve serving personnel who wish to take part in Service Boxing in any way must register through the respective sS.
- All Boxers, irrespective of the level of boxing they intend to participate at, are to register via the Vault at https://www.englandboxinginsight.com/auth/login a full guide to registration can be found at www.Britisharmyboxing.com/registration/Boxers.
- Boxers participating in Service Boxing Only will have this clearly marked in their Registration book, those who wish to box against civilian opposition will have an England Boxing stamp authorising them to do so. The procedures to be followed for all registrations are detailed throughout this section.
The 20/21 boxing season runs from 1 September 2020 to 31 May 2021. In compliance with England Boxing guidelines for audit, units/individuals are to ensure that any application for registration in the current season are with the relevant registration officer (See contacts Section 1) for processing at least 4 weeks prior to the bout, tournament or Championships.
- All Coaches are to register on qualifying and to re-register annually thereafter, in accordance with the procedure given at para 11. All Coaches are to ensure that they are registered with their sS association prior to the commencement of Coaching.
- All Officials are to register on qualifying and to re-register annually thereafter, in accordance with the procedure given at para 13.